Amazon and American Express are offering a promotion that could save you 50% on the cost of an Amazon purchase by redeeming just a single Membership Rewards point.
Save on Amazon by redeeming Amex points
Thanks to a new targeted promotion from American Express and Amazon, it’s possible to save up to 50% off the cost of an Amazon purchase by redeeming a single Membership Rewards point. There are occasionally targeted promotions as part of this partnership, though I’m almost always not eligible. In this case I am, which makes me think that maybe others will have the same luck.
There are a few things to be aware of with this promotion:
- Check to see if you’re eligible by clicking the “Activate now” button at this link; note that to be eligible you’ll have to have a card earning Amex Membership Rewards points linked to your account, so if you don’t have that, add one
- If you’re eligible, you can receive 50% off your Amazon purchase, for a total savings of up to $80, when you redeem any number of Amex points
- The offer is available through December 31, 2021, or until 14,124 customers have redeemed this offer, so you’ll want to use this ASAP
- The offer is only available for products shipped by Amazon.com; products fulfilled through third parties won’t qualify, even if they’re “fulfilled by Amazon.com” or “Prime eligible”
- You can get a maximum of $80 of value of this per Membership Rewards enrolled card per account
Step-by-step guide to using this offer
Want to take advantage of this promotion? There are a few simple steps. First of all, you’ll want to activate the offer at this link. If you are eligible, you’ll see a green message stating “this promotion code is now activated and your points will be applied at checkout.”
Then go through the shopping process as you usually would, keeping in mind that you can save 50% on at most $160 worth of stuff (since savings are capped at $80).
For example, I added a $100 Apple gift card to my shopping cart.
I then proceeded to checkout, and under the section for “your credit and debit cards,” I selected one of my cards that earns Amex Membership Rewards points. There you’ll see an option to select how many points you want to apply towards a purchase.
The catch is that redeeming Amex points towards an Amazon purchase isn’t a good deal, as you ordinarily get just 0.7 cents of value per point, and I value Amex points at 1.7 cents each. So what you’ll want to do is redeem a single point. Therefore you’ll want to type “$0.01” in the box, which means one point will be applied in order to get a one cent discount (and applying any number of points allows you to unlock the bonus).
Then when you click “use this payment method,” you’ll see the 50% discount applied.
A $100 gift card for $49.99 plus one Amex point? Yes please!
If you don’t have an immediate need to buy something on Amazon but are eligible, I’d still recommend taking advantage of this ASAP, given the limits on how many people can use this. There are all kinds of gift card purchases this can be applied towards, for companies like Apple, DoorDash, Southwest Airlines, Starbucks, Uber, Uber Eats, Whole Foods, etc.
There’s currently a promotion offering 50% savings on an Amazon purchase when redeeming at least one Amex point, with the potential to save up to $80. This is an incredible deal, so check to see if you’re eligible, and if so, I’d recommend taking advantage of this ASAP.
Were you targeted for this Amex deal with Amazon, and if so, do you plan on taking advantage of it?
(Tip of the hat to Frequent Miler)
For the Full Article –
You can Find it Here: Great Deal: Save Up To 50% On Amazon With Amex (Targeted) – One Mile at a Time
Some interesting information and links can be found on the complete article.